Starting May 22, new schedules will go into effect on the Long Island Rail Road.
Off-peak schedules have been revised on most branches while we continue to upgrade our infrastructure and to improve reliability. Most peak schedules remain the same. We are continuing to analyze your travel patterns, and we expect to make additional changes in early September.
You can find key details of what’s changed in the new schedules below. No matter when you ride, check the TrainTime app to see if your trip has been affected.
- Weekday midday schedules have changed as we begin track work and station accessibility upgrades between Amityville and Babylon. Most trains to and from Grand Central will terminate at Massapequa. Transfer at Massapequa or Jamaica for service to Babylon.
- A new weekday train will leave Penn Station at 3:45 p.m., stopping at Jamaica, Rockville Centre, Baldwin, Freeport, Merrick, Bellmore, Wantagh, and Massapequa.
- The 4:41 a.m. train from Babylon to Penn Station will leave at 4:31 a.m.
- The 7:13 a.m. train from Grand Central to Babylon will leave at 7:31 a.m.
- The 7:32 a.m. train from Penn Station to Babylon, with connection to Patchogue, will leave at 7:20 a.m.
Weekday midday schedules have been revised to allow for track work between East New York and Atlantic Terminal. One of the three trains per hour will run express between Jamaica and Atlantic Terminal.
- Weekday midday departure times are revised due to track work on the Babylon Branch.
- The 12:40 a.m. train from Jamaica and the 12:41 a.m. train from Montauk will run 20-25 minutes later than they do currently.
- Our extra summer service, including the Cannonball Friday-only express train from Penn Station, will resume for the season on May 26.
- Departure times and transfer options have changed from last summer. For example, the 1:47 p.m. Friday train from Hunterspoint Ave will now leave at 1:15 p.m.
- Please use the TrainTime app to check your options before you travel.
- Some westbound Friday afternoon trains will run on modified schedules to allow us to run these extra eastbound trains.
- South Fork Commuter Connection service will run Monday through Friday. Service will end at 2:30 p.m. on Fridays between May 26 and September 1.
- The evening eastbound train to Greenport will leave later. Take the 5:39 p.m. train from Grand Central and transfer at Ronkonkoma for the Greenport train.
- The 5:32 a.m. train from Penn Station to Ronkonkoma will leave at 5:16 a.m.
- The 3:58 p.m. train from Ronkonkoma will be extended to Greenport on summer Fridays, starting May 26.